In the world of weddings, sometimes things don’t always go as planned. Okay… a lot of the time things don’t go as planned!! We had originally intended for Heather and Matt’s engagement session to happen near their home in Maryland when we got rained out and had to reschedule for a later date in December. Well, I think I said more than once during their shoot that I’m kinda glad things turned out the way they did! Their National Harbor engagement photos are just incredible!!! The Gaylord at Christmastime is just such a beautiful sight and the grounds around the hotel have a sort of urban nautical charm that only National Harbor can pull off! :) As we walked from one location to the next, I learned more about these two and their love story and just how long they’ve been waiting to be married! It turns out that their story is pretty similar to ours and that just made me feel even more excited about their wedding day THIS Fall when they finally get to tie the knot!!
We started Heather and Matt’s shoot in their hotel room in snowflake pajamas and customized coffee mugs in hand. These were a gift to the bride from a dear friend and let me just say… bridesmaids, this is the perfect gift idea for anytime you’re involved in a wedding and want to spoil the bride!! Seriously, wait until you see how cute these handwritten mugs are! On top of that, we had dozens of Christmas trees, red and gold and evergreen color schemes, a cozy plaid blanket, and an ice cream truck as props in this shoot!! This is the epitome of Christmastime engagement sessions! Heather and Matt have been together for quite a while and I hope their engagement session lived up to everything they dreamed it would be :) Can’t wait for your wedding day THIS October!!
You Might Also Enjoy...
- National Harbor Engagement Shoot | Matt & Jenny
- Naval Academy Engagement Photos | Megan & Travis | Annapolis, Maryland
- Bluemont Vineyard Engagement Photos | Colleen & Matt | A Virginia Wine Country Winter Engagement Session
- Wyndridge Farm Wedding | Matt & Heather | Classic Pennsylvania Fall Wedding Day
- National Gallery of Art Engagement Photos | Sy-yu & Anthony | Washington DC
- Baltimore Engagement Photography | Kimberly & Max | Nautical Summer Engagement Photos